RIP 9 RDO
For more than a decade, the RIP 9 trail bike has ruled Niner’s off road lineup. For 2019, our flagship trail bike evolves once more.
Now with 140mm of consistent, controlled CVA suspension, progressive and adjustable geometry, increased frame stiffness, and available in two (yes, two) wheel sizes, it’s more versatile and capable and ever before.
The 9 things you need to know:
- 140mm of stable yet supple CVA suspension, with 150mm fork travel.
- Available in dedicated 29er and 27.5er versions. (We know. WTF?)
- Longer, lower, and slacker than any Niner ever made.
- Flip chip geometry adjustment for even MORE cowbell.
- Wider and stiffer Rib Cage main triangle, for precise handling.
- Durable, long-lasting Enduro Max “Black Oxide” pivot bearings.
- Clearance for 2.6-inch tires, plus whatever mud they wanna drag along with ‘em.
- Refined suspension curve for sensitive early stroke and supportive mid-stroke.
- End-to-end, full Sleeve internal cable guides and factory-installed frame protection.
- Adjustable high/low geometry via flip chips in the seat stay pivots.
- Slack head tube angle: 66 degrees (high) / 65 degrees (low).
- Steep seat tube angles: 75.8 degrees (high) / 75.2 degrees (low) on the 29er.
- Longer reach.
- Shortened seat tube by 20mm to accommodate longer, 170mm dropper posts.
- 20mm lower standover height across all sizes.
- Lower stack height/short head tube to accommodate a wide fit range and riser bars.
- Short, 435mm chainstays on the 29er (430mm on the 27.5er).